PRIVATE - Wildlife Photo Safari with Gimpro Gimbals
- About 12 hours
A Private full-day wildlife photography experience with two experienced guides on board for one on one attention. Practical torturing as we go along by your experienced guide. Helping you to understand your camera better and also get you in the best situation possible for a great wildlife safari capture moment!
Professional guides + exclusive vehicle & equipment used for the day.
The vehicle is fitted with Gimpro Gimbals on both sides of the open safari vehicle. Bean bags are also included to use for quick shooting. So you are guaranteed the best possible situation to get the shot no matter what side of the vehicle the subject is.
The Safari vehicle is also fitted with 220volt inverters in order to charge any phone or battery while we are out shooting in the African bush. (USB two and three-prong South African PLUGS so please bring your own international charger fittings if needed.)
Free safe parking is available at Perry's Bridge Trading Post (Shopping centre with restaurants and shops)
- Pick up in Hazyview Town or Skukuza Rest Camp (Inside Kruger Park)
- Early morning entry to the park at the closest gate to try and get the sunrise.
- Lunch stop around midday
- Comfort stop in the afternoon
- Late afternoon drive until gate close of the Kruger Park to get the African sunset shot you have been dreaming of.
- Drop off in Hazyview Town
The same itinerary can be done from Skukuza Rest Camp you must just allow us to enter and exit the Paul Kruger Gate so the timing is a bit different or we have to stay over two nights.
During the day we will focus on getting to the best sightings possible and scan the know area's where we know animals normally are and with past history of where the animals have been we have a pretty good chance of getting some amazing shots.
Focusing on different styles of shooting in different modes will give you a better understanding of wildlife photography as getting the settings right is half the battle there are many more factors making a capture special and unique.
Patience is one of the trades a good photographer must have and knowledge of the subject's behaviour helps to get a good chance of getting a great shot.
IMPORTANT WHEN MAKING A BOOKING: You hire the vehicle with a maximum of two participants photographer or non-photographer the rate states the same.
Photographic Tours operates daily throughout the year from Hazyview Town or certain camps in the Kruger National Park's southern side:
PICK UP: At any lodge in Hazyview or at PERRY'S BRIDGE Trading Post parking (Safe parking available as they have 24 hours security guards on duty)
TIME: 05:00am (October to March) and 05:30am (April to September)
Other PICK UP Locations by special arrangements only:
- Skukuza, Pretoruiskop, Paul Kruger Gate, Numbi Gate or Phabeni Gate - FREE
- Crocodile Bridge gate, Malelane gate, Nelspruit or White River - Surcharge will apply per vehicle.
Let us know where you will be staying and fill it in on the form when making the booking, please.
Surcharge applies R750 per trip extra) (Other location available on requests)
- Lens hire is available but booking must be made well in advance to ensure availability of equipment.
- Equipment hired must be arranged no less than two weeks before departure and is for your own account.
RATES (Excluding standard conservation fee.) CONSERVATION FEES / Entry fee to Kruger Park Payable in cash to avoid delays on entry.
- R40 for the Open Safari Vehicle.
- Wildcards holders are welcome - Free Entry with a valid card.
- SOUTH AFRICANS: Adults (WITH ID) – R110.00 Children under 12 - R55.00
- SADC NATIONALS: Adults (With Passport) – R220.00 Children under 12 - R110.00.
- INTERNATION GUESTS: Adults – R440.00 Children under 12 - R220.00
(Above rates are valid until the end of October 2022 please have your ID, Drivers License or Passport handy at the gate.)
Good to know
- Vehicle can only take 2 guests (photographers or non photographers)
- Let us know where you will be staying and fill it in on the form when making the booking
- Conservation fees needs to be paid in cash on arrival at the entry gate
- INTERN. GUESTS – Adults – R440.00 Children under 12 - R220.00 (rates are valid until the end of October 2022)
- Identity documents required on entry to Kruger
- Unfortunately not wheelchair friendly
- You must be able to get in and out an open safari vehicle.
- Comfort/bathroom stops are done regularly
- An experienced photographer
- An experienced driver guide
- Two guides looking after you on the drive, one on one tutoring about camera settings and helping to set up a shot and giving you advice like a practical photographic workshop as we go along during the day. Tips and tricks can always help any photographer.
- All meals, restaurants and shops are available in camps and at picnic spots
- Standard Conservation / Entry fee into Kruger National Park payable in cash at the gate to avoid any delays.
- Equipment for hire we do have some DSLR lenses and camera bodies for hire if you are interested in Canon or Nikon equipment. (600mm f/4 lens etc)
- Own camera equipment with a min 200 / 300 mm lens at least will help
- Snacks if you want
- Hat and suncream
- Cash for shopping
- Comfortable clothing
- You will be mostly inside the Open Safari * Vehicle so layered clothing is advisable for the day
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
My wife & I spent some time with Bernhard a couple of years ago. We found him knowledgeable, courteous & professional. We were in a mixed group & he went above & beyond to get us into great spots for photography. He knew where the animals would be & whilst we weren't successful on every section of every, trip we eventually saw all we had set out to see. All of us were interested in the big cats & we saw 11 leopards in 10 days! Excellent! We have booked again to see the bush with Private Kruger Safaris & we are looking forward to our trip in September.
Private Kruger Safaris is a small but super efficient safari drive operator. They offer many services and we opted for an afternoon drive. The guides are enthusiast and will do whatever in their possibilities to find areas where to spot animals, big 5 and cats in particular. The guides are also really specialized and into wildlife photography, giving you advices on how to shoot the animals and take great pictures.
I had never been on a private safari drive before, and when you have a whole vehicle for you, I have to admit it is a totally unique experience.
PKS are quick in answering, flexible if you have any trouble and often offer a pickup at your hotel or guest house. We had to suddenly change our booking and they were always ready to help us with anything.
I am looking forward to come back to Hazyview because I will for sure book another drive with them.
Stunning vehicles for the most comfortable big 5 safari in Kruger Park. Wildlife and photographic tours are on offer. Have a look at theire website and make an online booking. Expert and professional guides with many years experience in The Kruger Park will make your private safari unforgettable.
They have high quality vehicle and extreamly knowgable guides we have been on Safari with them a couple of times and had amazing widlife experiences.
My wife, two teenage children and I booked two day Game Drive and one day Panorama tour with PK safaris. I was so worried about booking our game drives online as it’s our first trip to Kruger and South Africa. This trip was a treat for my son for finishing his GCSE exams. Hennie Bekker was our guide. He was so polite, very knowledgeable and experienced.
First day we saw two Lions walking pass our Jeep. Hennie brought us to that spot at perfect timing. It was breathtaking to watch the Lions walking in touching distance. Hennie had a fantastic understanding of the animals and their behaviour. He exactly knew what the lions will do next. Also he is an excellent photographer. My son was so keen to see the ‘Big Five’. On the first day, Hennie showed us so many animals including Lions, Elephants, Hyenas, Buffalo, Giraffe, Zebras and several others. On the second day we started early, within 30 minutes of our driving, Hennie took us to a spot to try and see the Rhinos. Again perfect timing- we saw group of Rhinos- we couldn’t believe it! Then the hunt started to spot Leopard. We knew it wasn’t easy to spot them. But Hennie didn’t give up. After few hours driving, he spotted one. Again we took so many photos of the leopard. Hennie exceeded our expectations and worked hard to show us the big five. Third day he took us on a panorama tour around Hazyview and Mpumalanga area. Blyde River canyon view was fantastic. Hennie was very knowledgable about the geography, plants, rocks and all the attractions. I’ll not think twice about recommending PK Safaris and Hennie to my family and friends. I was so glad that I booked PK Safaris.
Great experience. if I had to do it myself or drive myself would not have seen most of the animals that we saw. We even managed to see the lion... what a great tour and great experience
Had an amazing safari drive, good sightings of alot of the animals including wild dogs, we had 3 separate leopard sightings two with their kills in the trees, which made our day. Thank you Hennie for a most remarkable day, we would truly recommend your safari drives.
Hennie , our tour guide was first and foremost on time to pick us up. We applaud him for that. He was friendly, helpful, wonderful and very knowledgeable. He is the best tour guide we ever had. The experience was exciting and wonderful. We are looking forward to our next tour with the company.
We had a very nice day. Our guide went out of his way to make it a pleasant and very informative experience and get us good sightings of exceptional animals and birds. He was very accommodative to make sure we were comfortable and to address our specific needs as a group.
We will highly recommend them for game drives in Kruger.
We booked a morning safari, an afternoon safari and the whole-day safari for two days. Our guide, Dirk, is doing this for over 20 years which you could perfectly tell from his great knowledge and experience. On our first game drive, he provided us with sightings of all members of the big 5. I would definitely recommend PK safaris to anybody looking for the perfect game drive experience and especially to other international clients as Dirk always had great tips regarding the local circumstances and was truly helpful.
We enjoyed our game drives with PK safaris so much and are sad those 4 days went past that fast.
Medium Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 48 hours days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.